Loans can be of different types, this discussion here, is based around business and personal loans. The two loans are different and meant for different purposes, but in numerous cases personal loans tend to be used for business. For that reason, it’s important to understand if one should do this and if yes, under what circumstances it makes sense to use a personal loan for your business.
Business loans are of different types, ranging from SBA loans, short-term loans, line of credit, purpose-built financing, merchant cash advances, and more. Business loans are for a specific purpose and are generally available to further a business, help in running it and to gauge up. Tenures available, amounts offered, and terms and conditions of the loan are fixed grounded on the borrower profile and the purpose of a loan. Generally, the rate of interest is competitive, but a business loan often requires collateral as a security.
As the name suggests personal loans are targeted at individual persons who may need to borrow funds for various purposes. These can range anything from buying a contrivance to getting wedded, personal loans offer the choice of providing funds for any purpose that the borrower may have. The tenure on these loans is generally low, but the interest rate tends to be high. Generally, a personal loan doesn’t need collateral as a security, which is one reason behind its fashionability.
Considerations in which Personal Loans can be used for Business Purposes
The decision on using a personal loan for business is dependent on a number of effects and thus needs to be looked at precisely. Immaculately, a business loan should be used to finance the requirements of your establishment, but a personal loan can also be looked at in the following cases:
- If you need a small loan – If the amount of funds needed is fairly small, one can look at a personal loan. The application and disbursal processes are generally hassle-free and it doesn’t need the same quantum of attestation that a business loan requires. However, it may be only be okay for you to take a personal loan over a business loan, if your demand is just a few hundred dollars or in very few cases, up to a few thousand dollars.
- Period of time and prepayment – If the need for a loan is to only get over a temporary shortage of funds, it may make sense to take a personal loan. Although, you have business loans that take care of similar situations, the relative ease of getting a personal loan makes it seem more attractive. Also, if you’re sure that you’ll be suitable to repay the quantum within the stipulated time or indeed make a pre-payment of the loan, one can conclude for a personal loan for the business. Remember, the rate of interest will always be high for a personal loan, so it makes sense to repay it at the foremost.
- Collateral – Personal loans are relaxed in nature, which means one of the biggest advantages of a is that you generally don’t need collateral to mileage it. On the other hand, business loans are nearly always secure in nature, which means you have to give collateral. So, a personal loan can be a good choice to raise funds, if you don’t have collateral as a security or don’t want to give one.
- How urgent is your need – It typically takes time to get a business loan approved and for the funds to eventually reach your account. Business loans generally have a large number of documents that need to be submitted, from the books of accounts of a business to a business plan. It takes time to get the documents in place and also to eventually get the loan sanctioned. However, a personal loan can be sanctioned within as little as a single business day, and if you’re in critical need of funds and cannot go without it, the decision becomes obvious. Hence, the choice between a business and personal loan depends on the urgency behind the need for finances.
- Lack of other viable options – Eventually, if all other avenues of loan have been exhausted, taking a personal loan may be the only choice left. Still, a personal loan is also dependent on the credit profile of the individual borrower. However, depending on your income, you may or may not be suitable to get a personal loan, if you formerly have other loans active.
Get a Small Personal Loan with Ease
At CashAmericaToday, we offer small personal loans – both installment loans and payday loans – that are readily available and easy to apply for. The qualification terms are simple, we need no collateral to secure your loan repayment and these loans are approved instantly after your eligibility is determined. So, if you need a small personal loan that you can use with no restrictions, simply apply and you could receive the funds you need, in just a single business day!